Wednesday 19 October 2011

Contextual Studies: Week 1

After the first contextual studies lesson we were told to write a paragraph on a game which had, in the past, immersed us while we play it. I chose Morrowind, a game which I spent many years playing when younger and still love the atmosphere and game play to this day. This is a typed up version:


Approaching the huge castle of Tel Vos I feel totally insignificant amongst it's giant towers and keeps, so tall they appear to reach up to reach up to the clouds above. There is only one door on the ground floor of the castle so I feel compelled to go in. Wondering what I might find inside I start to climb the stairs, the only way is up. Thinking of all the friendly people surely to be in this grand place I happily ascend, trying to imagine what could be at the top. Suddenly there is an angry cry and something attacking me! This is no human however, it is a powerful Scamp. Terrified and running for my life I continue up the stairs, spiraling higher and higher. Seeing a door ahead I run through to find myself on a parapet leading to yet another tower. Carrying on, I run into a room full of people, including some reassuring sturdy guards. Oh the relief of finding people to protect me from such a dangerous beast!


No comments:

Post a Comment