Tuesday 20 November 2012

QR Codes

Due to using Quick Response (QR) codes to identify and register paintings within galleries, to use as game backgrounds, I decided that I needed to have a better understanding of them.

This involved downloading a QR code reader and testing how effective they are, as if they are too difficult to use they would be of limited use to us.

After trying out a few I found them to be very quick to scan and I personally had few difficulties, bar some being a bit too small and therefore took longer. Generally a code would take around three seconds to scan, so not much hassle there!

A QR code to the home page of the NUCA website.
Next came testing to see how easy it was to create custom QR codes. There were many websites out there helping create them. After they have been generated they can be transferred easily to any location, or printed out of real world use.

A custom QR code I made to test how they worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment